Sweet and sour, fluffy, finely textured, lightweight, and absolutely delicious! All this comes in to my mind when I think of these yummy muffins. Who does not like “cheesecake” flavor? I honestly don’t know anyone haha. Here is my easy peasy recipe for these fluffy lemon protein-muffins.
500g low fat curt cheese
2 organic lemons
2 scoops vanilla protein
1 package baking powder or baking soda
1 table spoon margarine or coconut oil
1 table spoon sweet flavor drops (vanilla is my favorite) or alternative honey
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and put paper muffin cups in the muffin pan.
- Separate the eggs and put the egg whites in a large mixing bowl. Add a tiny bit of sugar and salt and whisk until its stiff and fluffy.
- Put the egg yolk, curt cheese, rasped lemon zest, margarine or coconut oil and sweetener into a bowl and blend it well with a mixer until its creamy.
- Mix the vanilla whey with baking powder and add it to the wet mixture.
- Last but not least, mix everything together carefully.
- Take a big spoon and place one scoop batter in each muffin cup. Make sure you don’t overfill 🙂
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes, until tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from pan.
If you want to make them look super delicious and cute, cut one lemon in small slices and put them on top of each muffin. 🙂 Enjoy, hope you’ll like them. Julia ♥
After baking and straight out of the oven 🙂 Nicely brown and fluffy