A breakfast-worthy recipe or just during the day if you want to enjoy a cup of coffee with a yummy apple-cinnamon roll!
Baking Time: 30 minutes | 190 degrees oven heat| Preparation: 10-15 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package of pre-made vegan puff pastry (German: veganer Blätterteig, found it at Aldi)
- 2-3 medium size apples
- 100ml Vanilla Soy Yoghurt
- 200g low fat curt cheese (or instead a bit more of the vanilla soy yoghurt for vegan)
- little bit of Maple Syrup
- Squeeze of a fresh lemon
- 200ml sugarfree apple sauce
- Grounded cinnamon
- 1 egg replacement powder (mixed with 100ml water) or 1 egg
- Topping: Vanilla Soy Yoghurt
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees (350 Fahreinheit) and lay out the baking form with parchment paper.
Wash the apples, peel the skin off and cut them into very small pieces. In a bowl mix the vanilla soy yoghurt together with the curt cheese, maple syrup and the squeeze of lemon. Roll out the pre-made puff pastry and spread the batter on it. Continue with putting the apple sauce on and lay out the apple pieces equally. Last step is to sprinkle over the grounded cinnamon. Now roll it up very tight! Take a sharp knife and cut the rolls. (Little tip: I always measure 2 fingers broad)
Lay them out on the baking form and brush them with the egg. Now its time to put in in the oven for about 25-30min until is nicely golden brown. They taste the best if they are still warm! You can top it up with anything you want, but I use Vanilla Soy Yoghurt. Its an healthy alternative and I love the mix of cool and warm! 🙂 Enjoy baking!