What’s better than starting fall with a delicious warm pumpkin bread straight out of the oven? 😉 Just recently made this treat and enjoyed it with a cup of tea, while turning on the heat for the first time of this season. Here is my recipe and hope you’ll like it as much as I do.
Baking Time: 50 minutes | Preparation: 10 minutes | Total time: around 60 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED:
(PS: I use a small baking form (2 people) – double the ingredients for a normal baking form size)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I used Xucker, Erythrit, or any other low/zero calorie alternative)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 package of vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- around 30 ml of unsweetend almond milk
- around 150-200ml of pumpkin sauce/puree (got my from the kids food corner)
- around 150ml unsweetened apple sauce
- cinnamon, nutmeg, salt
- Topping/Frosting: vegan creme cheese (around 200g), 2 table spoons of powdered sugar, cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 180 degress and get a baking form ready with parchment paper.
Mix together all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt). Create a circle in the middle and add all wet ingredients (coconut oil, almond milk, pumpkin sauce, apple sauce). Last add the nuts and work them into the dough.
Blend everything well till you get a nice, smooth batter. Put it in the baking form and bake for about 50 minutes. Take the test with a tooth pick. 😉 Don’t overbake it so it doesn’t dry out, we want it nice and fudgy. Let it cool down in the baking form.
For the topping/frosting mix the creme cheese together with the powdered sugar. Spread over the cooled pumpkin bread and top it with some cinnamon.